Despite the advancements in automobile technology, the number of Americans dying on roads and highways has increased dramatically. According to the estimates released by the National Safety Council, 40,200 people died in accidents involving motor vehicles in 2016—a 6 percent increase from the prior year, and a stunning 14 percent increase over the last two years. Safety advocates are alarmed.
This increase in traffic deaths is believed to result from several factors:
- An improved economy in which more people are driving for work and pleasure
- Distracted drivers, primarily using cell phones
- More lenient enforcement of seat belt, drunken driving and speeding regulations by authorities
- The reluctance of lawmakers to pass more restrictive measures
Source: New York Times
These factors and the needless traffic deaths they cause are heartbreaking, especially when you consider the emotional pain and suffering caused to families. If you have suffered personal loss or experienced a wrongful death because of a traffic accident, the Law Office of David M. Kennedy may be able to help you.
No one plans to be in a car accident. Unfortunately, accidents can turn your world upside down. When injured in an automobile accident, there are several things you need to consider:
- In Texas and elsewhere, you have the right to recover bodily injury or property damages from the negligent driver.
- You will probably bear the burden to prove your injury was caused by, and is the result of that auto accident and is not the result of a pre-existing injury.
- You do not want to face the insurance company – whose goal is to not pay you a dime – without skilled legal representation.
- An experienced attorney can guide you through the process of taking the appropriate steps to ensure that your case is handled fairly.
- There are often bill collectors, healthcare providers, and those asserting liens that a skilled attorney can help you manage.
- Potential evidence of the accident and injuries will need to be protected for use at trial and negotiation, and the steps need to be taken to ensure it is not lost.
Please, either chat with us online or give us a call today at (903) 819-0720.
As residents of Sherman, Texas, we all know that traffic is a part of daily life. Whether you’re commuting to work, running errands, or simply enjoying a leisurely…
Introduction: Experiencing an injury due to a car accident is a traumatic event that can leave lasting physical, emotional, and financial repercussions. When that accident is caused by…
Introduction Rollover accidents are among the most severe and dangerous types of crashes that can occur on the roads of Sherman, Texas. These incidents often result in catastrophic…